Here's the disk usage before I started, after running the first command and after running the second command:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/nbd1 137G 62G 68G 48% /mnt/mastodon_data
/dev/nbd1 137G 38G 93G 29% /mnt/mastodon_data
/dev/nbd1 137G 35G 96G 27% /mnt/mastodon_data
Beginning to wonder if I might be better off financially to just go with a new Scaleway instance type (this whole migration faff is happening because they're removing the type that currently hosts mastodon.ie) instead of going to the hosted route with masto.host.
I've moved my dev box to a DEV1-XL. 4 virtual cores and 12GB of RAM - 29.99 a month. I know I'm probably comparing apples to oranges here, but the price increase is staggering.